Misdemeanor FAQ's

What Court will hear my case?  Where is it?

That depends on which Court your Case was assigned. If you know the offense, offense date and the birth date of the defendant, call 903.577.6796 and the County Clerk's Misdemeanor Staff will assist in obtaining that information.

How do I get my cash bond back?

You can come into the Titus County Clerk's Office and fill out an application. Cash bond money is returned to the person who posted the cash bond and signed as surety on the bond form.

How do I get a background check?

The Titus County Sheriff's Department can provide a complete background check. If only Titus County Court records need to be searched, the Titus County Clerk's office charges $10.00 per name to check the records and issue a Certificate of Search, plus $1 per page copied. If you need a certified copy an additional $6 will be assessed.

Do I have a warrant? 

Contact the Titus County Justice of the Peace Office, County, or the Titus County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff 903.572.6641
District 903.577.6721
County 903.577.6796
Justice of the Peace 1, 3, 4 903.577.6760
Justice of the Peace 2 903.577.6756

Is this person in jail?  If so, when does he go to court?

Contact the Titus County Sheriff's Office. Click HERE to access court date...

May I have directions to your office?

Titus County Clerk's Office would be glad to give directions by calling 903.577.6796. The County's Clerk Main Office is located at 100 West First Street, Suite 204, Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75455.

CLICK HERE for map!

Where do I go for jury duty?

Contact the Titus County Clerks office at 903.577.6796.

Do I need an attorney?  If so, can you recommend one?

We can not determine whether you need an attorney nor can one be recommended. For a list of attorneys, look in the yellow pages of the phone book under Attorney.

I need a copy of my police report.

Police Reports are not filed with the Titus County Clerk's office. Contact the reporting law enforcement agency to obtain a copy.

Where do I go to renew my Texas drivers license?

Contact or visit any branch office of the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) AT 903.572.6888.

Where do I pay for hot checks?

Titus County Attorney's Office, Hot Checks Division, 903.572.0382.

How do I get my record expunged (removed from the records / file)?

You would need to make an application/petition with the County/District Clerk's Office.

How do I get an occupational drivers license and how much is it?

Submit completed petition to the County Clerk's office with payment of $219 (no personal checks accepted).

When is my court date and what time is it?


Can you tell me my case / cause number?


Who is my attorney and can I have his number?


I got a ticket.  Where do I pay?

Look on the ticket for that information.

I lost my ticket and don't know where I'm supposed to go.

If you were in the city limits or written by a city office, contact the Municipal Court at 903.575.4010 for that city. Otherwise, contact the Justice of the Peace Court in the area the ticket was written (for Titus County - Justice of the Peace Pct 1 3 4 at 903.577.6760 or Justice of the Peace Pct 2 at 903.577.6756).

For any other questions, please contact us.


Get Acrobat
Titus County Clerks Office
100 West First Street, Suite 204 - Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75455
Phone: (903)577-6796 - Fax: (903)572-5078
Business Hours: 8:00am - 4:45pm Monday-Friday
(*open through lunch)